What is a denture?
Dentures are removable prosthetics used for replacement of missing teeth. Dentures definitely take some getting used to, and even though they will never feel like your natural teeth, the dentures we offer at Mountain Springs Dental office are natural looking and more comfortable than any other dentures you can find. Dentures being very cost effective, are favored by many of our patients.
What are the benefits of a denture?
What are the benefits of having a denture? Beside its non-invasive and cost effective nature there are other benefits to a denture:
- Increase in confidence. If you have lost most of your teeth, you must be suffering from a major loss of confidence. After all, your smile is the first thing people notice about you and losing that must not be easy. Luckily, dentures can get you smiling again therefore increasing your confidence.
- Quality of life. If you’ve suffered from loss of teeth, the simplest actions like chewing can present quite a challenge. Dentures can make your life much easier, and with a bit of practice you should be able to chew through your favorite foods without a problem.
- Long lasting. If cared for well and handled carefully, dentures can last up to 10 years.
Procedure of getting a denture
After the first appointment with our office, it may take only a few months before you’re fully at ease with your new denture. When you first come into our office, we will evaluate and present you with the options available to you. Whether you choose dental implants, dentures or maybe even a hybrid of both, you can rest assured that our very experienced dentists will provide the best service aimed at your satisfaction.
Types of dentures
- Traditional complete full dentures. Traditional dentures replace all of patients teeth. Traditional dentures sit on top of the gums like a saddle.
- Partial dentures. If you still have some natural teeth left there is no need for a full traditional denture, instead we use a partial denture that is held in place by using the natural teeth to clasp and stabilize the partial denture.
- Custom/Hybrid dentures. Dentures supported by implants have been introduced very recently. These dentures can be supported with either four or six implants of varying size, these implants help bear the load of the denture by either snapping them in, or having them secured more permanently.
There are many types of dentures and before deciding which one to get on your own, you should consult with our dentists at Mountain Springs Dental for a professional evaluation.