It’s likely that many people will experience at least one cavity in their life, as well as other possible dental complications that need to be addressed. When that happens, Dr. Garner, Dr. Cook, and their dental team are here to help!
Mountain Springs Dental strives for perfection in our day-to-day interactions with you and others in the Ogden, Utah, area. We believe in the importance of providing exceptional restorative and cosmetic dental treatments that can not only transform your smile, but make a big impact on your life as well.
Getting you the results you want is part of our mission as a dental practice. That’s why we offer the combined restorative and cosmetic abilities of dental crowns to help restore or upgrade your beautiful smile.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are small pieces of porcelain, ceramic, or other materials that completely cap or cover a damaged tooth. Crowns can conceal cavities, chips, cracks, and chipped teeth, while also protecting against any future damage.
They can also be used to replace missing teeth—functioning and looking just like a natural tooth when connected to a dental implant! Depending on the area of the mouth in which a crown will be placed, it can be made out of various materials, including:
- Ceramic or Porcelain: These types of materials are strong and match the color and look of your natural teeth. They blend right in, so not even you will notice the difference between your porcelain crown and your natural teeth.
- Metal: Metal crowns are made of a more flexible metal amalgam material, which is usually reserved for your back teeth where they won’t be seen as much. This material is quick and easy to place, and can be more cost-efficient.
At Mountain Springs Dental, we’ll help you decide which type of crown would work best for you and your situation.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can fix a host of problems such as the following:
- Restore Dental Implant: When placed on top of a dental implant in your jawbone, crowns can take the place of missing teeth and act just like a real tooth.
- Provide Support for Existing Teeth: Crowns that replace missing teeth keep your other teeth in line so there won’t be any unneeded or unwanted shifting in your smile’s alignment or bite.
- Protection for Damaged Tooth: A severely damaged tooth can be protected with a dental crown placed over top it.
- Hold Teeth Together: Crowns are also used to hold cracked or broken teeth together, and prevent you from pain or tooth sensitivity.
- Improve Tooth Appearance: Some teeth can be malformed or misshapen—dental crowns can correct that appearance issue and perfect your overall smile.
For more information about how a dental crown can improve your smile, call Dr. Garner and Dr. Cook for a consultation today!
Discover Dental Crowns with Mountain Springs Dental
Learn more about our goal to get you the smile you deserve through dental crowns. Contact us at our Ogden, Utah, location today to learn more!